Tips to Keep Your Radio Sanitized and Clean
With the Coronavirus (COVID-19) on the rise, the ability to communicate has become more critical than ever. Unfortunately, working to fight the spread of the virus has made communications more difficult. It's essential to take additional precautions to sanitize your equipment.
TIPS ON HOW TO CLEAN YOUR RADIO:
To avoid unnecessary spread, you'll want to properly clean and sanitize your walkie talkies between users. Walkie talkies can collect thousands of germs because we hold them up to our mouths and speak directly into them. Below you'll find some tips to get rid of those germs to stop the spread, without damaging your walkies.
- Be sure to turn your walkie talkie radios OFF before cleaning them.
- Do NOT submerge the radios into any cleaning liquid, or spray the cleaner directly onto the radio, this can cause over-saturation. Liquid could soak into cracks on the device and potentially cause severe damage.
- An anti-bacterial wipe is one reliable way to sanitize your walkie talkie properly. But before using it, make sure to squeeze out all of the excess liquid in the wipe. It can be damp to the touch, just not dripping with cleaner.
- Last but not least, the best method for cleaning & sanitizing your walkie talkies is to spray an anti-bacterial cleaner directly to a microfiber cloth, and then use that cloth to clean your radio.
- Once again, making sure that the cloth isn't sopping wet—to avoid over-saturating your radio and potentially causing damage.
It is essential to do the best you can to prevent any spread of germs in all situations. An easy way to help is to clean your walkie talkie after each use with this simple guide!